FREE 30 Hours Funded Place
Claim your Free 30 hours childcare for your child at Kelvin Grove Nursery
What is 30 hours funding?
From September 2017, the government will be rolling out the funded childcare scheme for a total of 30 hours for 38 weeks of the year (570 funded hours). At the moment every 3 & 4 year old is entitled to 15 hours funded childcare the term after their 3rd birthday. Subject to eligibility some families may benefit from the increase to 30 hours as of September 2017.
Are you eligible?
You are entitled to the additional 15 hours childcare for up to 38 weeks completely free of charge if you fit the following criteria:
• Both parents are working (or the sole parent is working in a lone parent family) and each parent earns a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at national living wage or national minimum wage, and less than £100,000 per year. Working will include employed and self-employed people. Parents do not necessarily have to actually work 16 hours a week, but their earnings must reflect at least 16 hours of work at the national living wage. This includes parents on zero contract hours who meet the criteria.
• Both parents are employed but one or both parents is temporarily away from the workplace on parental, maternity, paternity or adoption leave.
• Both parents are employed but one or both parents is temporarily away from the workplace on statutory sick pay.
• One parent is employed and the other parent has substantial caring responsibilities based on specific benefits received for caring.
• One parent is employed and one parent is disabled or incapacitated based on receipt of specific benefits.
For more information on how to apply if you meet one of the above criteria please contact school on 0191 477 4186
Please see below for our Nursery Admissions Policy