Our School Curriculum
At Kelvin Grove we have high expectations for EVERY child. Through our curriculum, we motivate, engage and inspire our children. We believe no barrier is insurmountable and all children should reach their full potential. We aim for all our children to leave our school as valued members of the community, modelling our school values of:
To achieve these aims, our curriculum is designed to:
- Provide the children with new experiences,
- Be practical and develop children’s skills,
- Focus on communication and be language rich,
- Give the children opportunities to investigate and explore,
- Be exciting and stimulating, motivating the children to learn,
- Be knowledge rich alongside a clear progression of skills,
- Develop children’s interpersonal skills.
We work as a diverse, vibrant community, Achieving Success Together.
Curriculum Lead: Mr T Hutton
Being able to lead the curriculum here at Kelvin Grove is a huge honour for me. Having the opportunity to develop subjects, work closely alongside subject leads and most importantly, ensure our pupils are receiving a high quality curriculum – allowing them to find their spark.
I love this quote as it shows learning is a continuous journey; the more we seek, challenge and question the more we learn.